I really should start writing these posts in advance, but darn it, my week has been busy. Plus, it’s Labor Day weekend. I deserve a break, right? At least that’s how I’ve rationalized yet another late post. Okay, here goes….
This is the second month of my Oh My Goals series. If you remember, I’m terrible at sticking to goals, so I’ve committed to posting them online for everyone to read in hopes that I’ll feel a sense of accountability.
So let’s review August’s goals:
- Stay on budget—It was a little hard to stick with this one realistically, because, due to a system switch-over, I was delayed in starting work. I did start my budget binder, though, and started to log some things in it, so that’s progress.
- I designed a beautiful dorm room. Seriously. Go look at it. It’ll almost make you wish you were me.
- Call my parents frequently—I did keep up with this one, and I’ve actually seen them a few times since I started back in school. A bonus was getting to see my dogs, even if it was for less than 24 hours.
- Update my planner weekly—This one has sort of morphed into an “update it when I find out about new things” type of deal. I filled in everything that my syllabi had to offer, but when it comes to work hours, appointments, and other personal things, I write them in when I learn of them.
- Maintain a steady flow of blog posts—Welp. Look how far that one got. But seriously, I do have my blog posts for the next several weeks planned out. I’d show you a picture, but I only do spoiler alerts for TV shows, movies, and the ends of books.
- Prioritize self-care—I did buy the $4 cup of Starbucks coffee (or several. It’s become my morning motivation on weekends). And I did binge-watch Grey’s Anatomy (I’m now a few episodes into season 10–and I started August at the beginning of season 9). I didn’t get a manicure, but I’m not entirely sure I want to spend the money on that. See: my budgeting issue.
- Get a gym membership—This one is actually out of my hands, because there’s been a delay in the gym membership process at school. I’ll be able to sign up soon hopefully!
- Just be present—I’ve gotten slightly better at this, but definitely not as good as I want to be. This is a repeat goal for the month of September.
That brings us to September.
- Build a budget—Now that I can guesstimate what my paychecks will look like, I can actually build a budget. Any extra money will be saved, and portions of my paycheck will be, as well. However, I’m relying on my paycheck money and gift money as my personal expenses/extracurricular funds. That’s what will be budgeted for. Here’s to hoping I don’t spend $300 on a purse like I did last year (even though it was totally worth it).
- Put myself first—I put myself first financially all the time, but emotionally? Eh, I’ve got a lot to work on in that area. I’m looking for ways to do that, ways to explore who I am and what I am all about. Any tips?
- Eat feel-good foods—My roommate is a super chef of healthy foods, so we’ve been cooking for the past week or two. You should be jealous that I get to live with her, but if you’re lucky, I might post some recipes inspired by her cooking talents….
- Put a dent in the book I’m going to review—Hint: look here! Enough said on that one.
- Write at least one good story, even if it’s really, really short—My creativity has been slacking for the past year. I’m majoring in Creative Writing, for heaven’s sake; shouldn’t I be able to turn something out? (If I’m being honest, my inability to write is because of a whole other issue, but that’s a topic for another post.)
What are your goals for September?
Mosey on back next Monday to see how I set up my Erin Condren Life Planner!
Like this post? Click one of the links below to share it to WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ (if you’re into that sort of thing)! Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, and like me over on Facebook!
This post is not sponsored by or affiliated with Erin Condren.